Warning: the bodice is very short. I made a quick muslin of the top, and ultimately added 1 1/4". I also added 3" to the length so that I wasn't married to the super-short length at the end.
Other than those changes, the dress was easy to make, even the ruffles (they are self-lined, instead of finished with a narrow hem).
The entire inside, except the waistband, is finished with french seams - including the bust dart. Here's the pattern piece, and the finished dart.
I probably won't make this again. It's a really cute dress, but the gathering is a little poufy. It's more pronounced than on the pattern envelope, and this is a really lightweight material.
Regardless, I think it will be a great alternative to shorts on those 90 degree days that just seem so far away right now...
* * *
We're headed to Spain tomorrow for 10 days of sightseeing and jamon-eating (and perhaps some fabric shopping: a reader suggested Ribes & Casals in Madrid. Thanks!) See you back here in a few weeks!