This dress was so easy to make. There are no darts - only gathers at the front - so it was very quick to sew as well.
I made it in a tomato red cotton with a hint of stretch from WinMil Fabrics in Boston. I serged the seams to finish the inside; I wanted to do French seams (an obsession now that I know how to do them!), however the dress has pockets which would have interfered with French seams.
The dress is rather short as I forgot to add the bottom band! I didn't even cut it out. (I was wondering why it was so short!) I'm not tall (just under 5' 4"), so the length's not too bad. My cheeky husband took a picture of me walking away to confirm that the length wasn't too scandalous. Oh well, even if it is a bit short, it's great to wear during these humid days!